"The Morning Pride: September 5, 2012"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- The Nevada couple that was denied the ability to make medical decisions for each other is petitioning the hospital to not make the same mistake again.
- The Chicago Police Department has adopted a new policy for respecting transgender detainees.
- The University of Georgia faculty are seeking domestic partner benefits.
- The Dublin City Council has passed a motion endorsing marriage equality with a staggering 38-4 vote.
- Police officers in Kenya are extorting money from gay men under the threat of arrests and prosecution.
- A new group called Go! Athletes has formed to supporting LGBT high school and college athletes as they come out.
- Yesterday, Ellen DeGeneres got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- The Trevor Project has launched the “Talk To Me” campaign to encourage people to be supportive listeners for LGBT and questioning youth: