Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Did Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) threaten the Huffington Post with a big lawsuit if it published about rumors he was gay?
– Rutgers University has made great strides in LGBT inclusion since the death of Tyler Clementi.
– Three unions in Toledo, Ohio have declined to let employees’ domestic partners receive health insurance benefits.
– A prominent Tea Partier explains his support for marriage equality.
– Wanda Sykes made a surprise $15,000 donation to support Detroit’s homeless LGBT youth.
– The Belgrade, Serbia Pride Parade has been canceled “for security reasons.”
– The Gap makes sure its employees know that the store’s discount extends to all partners, same- or opposite-sex.