Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- According to Gov. Martin O’Malley (D), the Maryland marriage equality needs to raise another $2 million before the November 6 referendum.
- San Francisco’s new archbishop, Prop 8 advocate Salvatore Cordileone, says that gays and lesbians should not be allowed to receive Communion.
- Anti-gay conservative groups have criticized a gay judge, essentially just for being gay.
- A Nashua, New Hampshire elementary school has reached an agreement with the family of a transgender 3rd grader to allow her to identify as her authentic gender in name, dress, and restroom use.
- Morehouse College students have developed a new scholarship named for civil rights leader Bayard Rustin, who was openly gay.
- Atlantic City’s new marketing campaign directly targets same-sex couples.
- A new study in the UK finds that the gay community is seven times more likely to use illegal drugs than the general population.
- Watch this exciting LGBT flashmob in Hanoi, Vietnam!
- Hugh Grant comes out for marriage equality: