Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- A record number of lesbian, gay, and bisexual candidates are running for Congress.
- Did Mark Regnerus intentionally obscure the influence of conservative groups in his flawed parenting study?
- The American Family Association does not want kids to “mix it up” in fear they might meet a gay student.
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue has given $100,000 to support marriage equality in Maryland.
- Illinois state Rep. Rita Mayfield (D) is slowly coming along on LGBT equality, but she admits she doesn’t fully understand the cause yet.
- Jamaican education officials want to “promote healthy heterosexual relationships” but not promote homosexuality.
- The Four campaign, supporting the four state marriage efforts, has developed a new video series called Marriage For All Families in partnership with New Left Media. Here’s a look at the experience of same-sex couples in Maine: