Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- In an interview with Focus on the Family, Paul Ryan reminded that he and Mitt Romney will oppose LGBT equality at every turn.
- A gay Texas couple woke up to find “LEAVE OR DIE FAGS” painted on their front porch just weeks after an incendiary anti-gay column ran in their local newspaper.
- Equality Pennsylvania has endorsed its candidates for the election, including Brian Sims, who runs unopposed and is set to become the commonwealth’s first openly gay state legislator.
- A Ghana man is being prosecuted for posting his contact information online in an attempt to make gay friends.
- Puerto Rican featherweight boxer Orlando Cruz has come out as “a proud gay man.”
- GLAAD presented its Amplifier Awards to J.C. Penney, Lexus, General Motors, Allstate Insurance, and the You Can Play Project.
- The burlesque and boylesque community in Seattle has come out in approving Referendum 74 for marriage equality: