"The Morning Pride: November 2, 2012"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Sen. Al Franken’s (D-MN) staff commemorated Halloween with a rainbow of opposition to Minnesota’s marriage inequality amendment.
- The National Organization for Marriage has given $1.65 million to the Minnesota campaign.
- Washington United for Marriage has released a new Facebook tool that allows supporters to make sure their friends and family vote.
- Maryland moms support Question 6.
- Massachusetts state senate candidate Sandi Martinez (R) is getting pushback for 2004 comments she made defending “former homosexuals… who’ve been saved out of the lifestyle” and saying that LGBT people don’t deserve civil rights.
- Read the tragic story of a gay foster child who was rejected by his caretakers.
- Last night marked the 26th Annual DC High Heel Race. It had been rescheduled from Tuesday night because of Hurricane Sandy. Enjoy a photo collection from the Washington Blade and a video of the race: