Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Rep. Jared Polis (D-CO) has pledged to take the lead on advancing the Employment Non-Discrimination Act during the next session of Congress.
– Maryland state Del. Heather Mizeur (D), who is openly lesbian, is considering running for governor.
– In stark contrast, the anti-gay activist Scott Lively, who believes the Nazis were homosexuals and who exported his homophobia to Uganda to promote the “Kill the Gays Bill,” is considering running for governor of Massachusetts.
– President Obama has nominated the first openly gay African-American judge to the federal bench.
– According to the hate group, MassResistance, marriage equality won because its opponents didn’t “criticize homosexuality” enough.
– Uruguay’s congress is considering marriage equality.
– J. Crew President Jenna Lyons, who somehow provoked controversy for painting her son’s nails, has come out about her relationships with her partner Courtney Crangi.
– This Maryland couple is inviting you to their wedding: