Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Today is the International Transgender Day of Remembrance.
- How LGBT activists beat the “princess” ad: commitment trumps rights, kids move voters, parents teach values, kids will be kids, changed minds change minds, and religion is not a wall.
- Nathaniel Frank adds that it’s essential to keep winning the hearts and minds of opponents for the sake of protecting young people.
- Students at the University of Montana and Montana State University are urging the Montana Board of Regents to add sexual orientation and gender identity to the schools’ nondiscrimination policies.
- The University of Virginia campus is reeling from a recent attack on a student police are suggesting was a “gay bashing.”
- One gay man who had a challenging upbringing has adopted a young boy to prevent him from having the same fate.
- Joe Eppele and Mike Bradwell of the Toronto Argonauts football team would welcome a gay player onto their team.
- The Toronto Marlies, a professional hockey team in the American Hockey League, has taken the “You Can Play” pledge: