"The Morning Pride: November 27, 2012"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– An Alabama girl named Mallory Owens was allegedly beaten badly by the 18-year-old brother of her girlfriend on Thanksgiving Day, requiring her to have reconstructive surgery on her face.
– Washington state is preparing to make its marriage and divorce certificates gender-neutral.
– The gay-owned Black Walnut Point Inn is hosting a free mass wedding for Maryland same-sex couples in early January.
– Could owning beauty be a key to trans equality?
– Trans Canadians are fighting claims that they are disordered pedophiles.
– Cleveland Browns linebacker Tank Carder doesn’t agree with being gay or lesbian, but doesn’t think calling someone “faggot” on Twitter makes him homophobic.
– Indian gay rights advocates marched for tolerance this weekend.
– Brad Pitt think it’s inappropriate for the media to link progress for marriage equality with marijuana legalization.
– LGBT advocates in the United Arab Emirates are trying to raise awareness about their invisibility: