Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton reaffirmed her commitment to equality in a speech before Gays and Lesbians in Foreign Affairs Agencies.
- Maine’s ethics commission has fined the National Organization for Marriage $2,000 for missing a campaign finance reporting deadline by 14 hours.
- New Hampshire’s first openly trans lawmaker may try to serve her term instead of resigning after her criminal convictions came to light.
- Illinois lawmakers could consider marriage equality legislation as soon as January 2013.
- A courageous trans Ugandan woman has written her Parliament asking them to celebrate diversity.
- David Pakman found out what happens when two different anti-gay groups who don’t agree with each other are brought together: