"The Morning Pride: December 5, 2012"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- The Atlanta City Council has passed a resolution endorsing marriage equality.
– The San Diego City Council has unanimously elected openly gay Councilmember Todd Gloria as its president.
– Zach Wahls and GLAAD are targeting Verizon as the next major corporation that funds the Boy Scouts of America in violation of its own nondiscrimination policies.
– France’s first lady, Valérie Trierweiler, is excited to participate as a witness in one of the nation’s first same-sex weddings when the country makes them legal.
– A marriage equality bill has passed its first hurdle in Colombia’s legislature.
– The America East conference of the NCAA has entered an official partnership with the You Can Play campaign against homophobia in athletics.
– Donald Trump told George Takei over lunch that he recently attended a same-sex wedding and that he’d found it “beautiful.”
– George Takei will also be visiting Kevin Keller, the gay character in Archie Comics.