"The Morning Pride: December 18, 2012"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Towleroad takes a look at 50 powerful coming out stories from 2012.
- The family of a gay teen in Utah who committed suicide last week claim the school did not appropriately handle a discipline situation.
- Intel is going to offer trans-inclusive health benefits to employees.
- Pastor Blasious Ruguri, the president of the Seventh-day Adventist church in East and Central Africa, has endorsed Uganda’s “Kill the Gays” bill.
- San Francisco is warning gay men traveling to New York City to get vaccinated against meningitis due to an outbreak there.
- Transsexual magazine Candy features a trans model portraying Michelle Obama.
- Three years ago, the Atlanta Police Department led a controversial raid on a gay bar, but now they’re saying, “It Gets Better”: