"The Morning Pride: January 15, 2013"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Legislation to recognize same-sex couples in Wyoming is looking promising, with bipartisan support for a two-bill plan to pass either civil unions or marriage equality.
- A proposal to repeal Virginia’s constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage did not get very far in committee.
- Listen to Terry Gross’ Fresh Air interview with Bishop Gene Robinson, including his reaction to Rev. Louie Giglio’s withdrawal from the Inauguration ceremony.
- A San Francisco man is suing Alliant International University for discriminating against him after learning he was transgender.
- San Francisco lawmakers are considering naming the city’s airport after Harvey Milk.
- Former NFL cornerback Wade Davis, who is openly gay, explains that transformation in professional sports for gay athletes is likely to happen slowly.
- Actor Victor Garber (Argo, Alias, Titanic) confirmed he is gay and though he doesn’t really talk about it, “everybody knows.”