Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
Editor’s Note: For the rest of the week, I’ll be reporting live from Creating Change: The National Conference on LGBT Equality in Atlanta, Georgia. Make sure to follow #cc13 on Twitter to follow all the amazing workshops and watch the plenary sessions on livestream.
- The Department of Defense says that it is still considering extending benefits to military servicemembers’ same-sex partners, but that review has been ongoing for well over a year with no evidence of progress.
- Marriage equality bills have been introduced in both houses of the Hawaii legislature.
- The anti-gay members of the Illinois Republican Party are actually struggling to challenge the position of chairman Pat Brady for supporting marriage equality.
- A new bill in Arizona seeks to criminalize the transmission of HIV or other STIs, though research has shown such provisions do not actually help lower transmission rates.
- Benetton’s new ad campaign features Brazilian transgender model Lea T.
- Manti Te’o says he is not gay — “Far from it. Farrrrrr from it.”