"The Morning Pride: February 6, 2013"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Today is when the Boy Scouts of America is set to announce whether it’s changing its anti-gay policy. Stay tuned.
– The Pentagon is set to (finally) announce certain benefits it plans to extend to military same-sex spouses, but it’s unclear yet which ones.
– The Senate is expected to reauthorize the LGBT-inclusive version of the Violence Against Women Act.
– Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ) and Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) have introduced the Tyler Clementi Higher Education Anti-Harassment Act.
– Alan Keyes expects the Boy Scouts will start offering a merit badge in experimenting with gay sex.
– Sean Eldridge, husband of Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes, has filed papers to run for Congress from the state of New York.
– The new president of Walt Disney World amusements is the first openly gay man to hold the job.
– British TV illusionist Derren Brown is Out 4 Marriage equality.
– The successful UK vote for marriage equality yesterday has inspired Australia’s Greens party to try advancing marriage equality again.
– Pat Robertson is worried that there will be “predators as Boy Scouts, pedophiles who will come in as Scoutmasters”: