"The Morning Pride: February 8, 2013"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Will President Obama include the Employment Non-Discrimination Act in his State of the Union address?
- Two Republican members of Congress, Richard Hanna (R-NY) and Charlie Dent (R-PA), have endorsed the Uniting American Families Act.
- Two Texas lawmakers are trying to repeal the state’s ban on same-sex marriage.
- Dallas will not be providing comprehensive healthcare to city employees anytime soon.
- A Change.org petition is calling for Los Angeles to suspend its “Sister City” relationship with St. Petersburg, Russia until its law banning “gay propaganda” is repealed.
- Likewise, gay athletes are worried about what they’ll experience at the 2014 Winter Olympics if Russia passes a nationwide “gay propaganda” law.
- More NFL players are saying stupid anti-gay things about each other and then responding immaturely.
- Watch: Jon Stewart mocks the United Kingdom debate on marriage equality for not being as corrosive as American debates.
- Watch: Ellen DeGeneres wonders why Boy Scouts can wear neckerchiefs and green short shorts but can’t be gay: