Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Virginia gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D) has come out for marriage equality.
– Georgia has introduced a bill to protect LGBT people from employment discrimination.
– A bill to protect transgender people from discrimination is advancing in New York’s legislature.
– The British group Pink Therapy is suggesting “GSD” replace “LGBT” to recognize all Gender and Sexual Diversity.
– Meet Toronto trans activist Susan Gapka.
– The British hotel chain Thistle has apologized to a gay couple after a receptionist refused to let them stay in a double room.
– A Turkish court has ruled that gay sex is “natural.”
– A Uganda tabloid has once again published the names and photos of gay people in an attempt to stoke homophobia against them.
– The Cowboy Church of Virginia, which uses equine therapy to try to “cure” homosexuality, wants to take their efforts worldwide.
– The Oscars’ opening segment was long and awkward, but it did feature the Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles: