"The Morning Pride: February 26, 2013"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley (D) has confirmed he is “absolutely” rallying support among state lawmakers for a bill to create nondiscrimination protections for transgender people.
– Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter (D) spoke to a group of LGBT bloggers and journalists [including me] on Saturday about his adamant support for LGBT equality.
– Tony Zamazal, a student at Spring Independent School District in Texas, is fighting for the right to wear a dress, heels, and wig to prom.
– The BBC invited members of the Muslim faith to debate homosexuality.
– Catholics in Cameroon have defended laws criminalizing homosexuality because “the world is in danger.”
– Kevin, a gay llama farmer in Kentucky, is struggling to care for the animals in his sanctuary after being fired from his public school job because of his sexual orientation.
– The X-Treme X-Men alternate universe version of Wolverine has come out as gay, declaring his love for the pansexual demigod Hercules.
– The Phi Alphia Tau fraternity chapter at Emerson College is helping raise money for one of its pledges to afford top surgery as part of his gender transition. Watch the video below and click here to donate: