Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- While Democrats are whipping votes for marriage equality, Illinois Republicans are once again trying to advance a bill that would allow adoption agencies to discriminate against same-sex couples.
- The Chairman of Minnesota College Republicans, Ryan Lyk, announced this week that he supports marriage equality and it’s time for the Republican party to get past the issue.
- A new poll shows increasing support for marriage equality in Texas, such that voters are almost evenly split on the question.
- Look at the despicable things said about homosexuality by the groups co-sponsoring the National Organization for Marriage’s “March for Marriage.”
- Conservative groups in Nebraska are considering suing the Lincoln City Council to force a referendum on nondiscrimination protections passed last year.
- Meet Steve Salbu of Georgia Institute of Technology’s Scheller College of Business, the only openly gay dean at a top U.S. business school.
- Scotland’s Charity Regulator has affirmed its ruling that the Catholic charity St. Margaret’s Children and Family Care Society must cease its discrimination against same-sex couples in its adoption services or it will lose its charity status.
- Kristin Chenoweth says Jesus would be horrified by people who use their Christianity to justify their anti-gay beliefs.