"The Morning Pride: March 15, 2013"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Members of the Illinois Congressional delegation urged state House members to support marriage equality.
- The National Organization for Marriage’s new video promoting their anti-equality march on the Supreme Court has so much wrong with it.
- The American Family Association still believes that gays are “immoral, unnatural, and unhealthy.
- When an ex-gay man testified before a Nebraska Senate committee against LGBT nondiscrimination protections, Sen. Ernie Chambers (New Alliance Party) pointed out to him that if he enjoyed both gay and straight sex, he was probably bi.
- After a conservative protested a drag show at the University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley, Dan Savage bought all the tickets to make sure it would still sell out.
- Pastor Robert Jeffress’s views on gay sex are as antiquated as the wrong-voltage outlets he’s trying to plug them into.
- Stephen Fry is producing a documentary on gay rights in Russia, and one Russian lawmaker told him that he believes “gay teens pretend to be bullied” to indoctrinate minors.
- Might Fred Phelps be gay?
- Read how one father reacted when he overheard his son telling his boyfriend of his plans to come out to his parents: