Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Numerous celebrities have been tweeting support for marriage equality this week.
– The Nevada Senate Committee on Operations and Elections heard testimony Tuesday on a proposal to repeal the state’s constitutional ban on same-sex marriage.
– Rep. Alan Lowenthal (D-CA) may be the first member of Congress to display a pride flag outside his House office.
– A Florida group called On My Honor opposed to the Boy Scouts admitting gay members not only distorts facts, but claims there will be a “surge of boy-on-boy sexual conduct.”
– A survey of gay men in bathhouses, clubs, and bars found that their top health concern remains HIV and STDs.
– A Russian gay activist was badly beaten on the same day that pride was canceled in the city of Syktyvkar.