Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– A new poll from the University of Mary Washington shows Virginians are still split (45-46) on the question of same-sex marriage.
– The parents of Asher Brown, a 13-year-old who committed suicide after being bullied, have dropped their lawsuit against his school district.
– Harlem Baptist Pastor Calvin Butts opposes same-sex marriage, but he still affirms the right of gay citizens to marry.
– Today, the Uruguay Senate is expected to pass marriage equality, which already passed the country’s House 81-6. President José Mujica has promised to sign it.
– Russian President Vladimir Putin is trying to ban same-sex couples from other country from adopting Russian orphans.
– Washington Redskin defensive end Adam Carriker says having a gay player on his team wouldn’t be a big deal.
– One same-sex family has launched DearSCOTUS.com to introduce themselves to the Supreme Court: