"The Morning Pride: April 5, 2013"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Tempe, Arizona may become the second city in the state to offer same-sex civil unions.
– A coalition of African-American clergy in Chicago is urging Illinois to pass marriage equality.
– A gay journalist in Minneapolis was fired after publishing a report describing a same-sex family as “big HOMO dads.”
– A black trans woman has been murdered in Florida, and reporters are already misgendering her.
– What was it like being gay at Jerry Falwell’s Liberty University?
– There are now 10 states in Brazil (out of 26 and a federal district) that allow same-sex marriage.