Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– On whether binational same-sex couples will be protected in the immigration reform bill, the White House says, “we’ll see.”
– A group of Minnesota business people ran a full page ad encouraging the state legislature to advance marriage equality.
– An Illinois House committee approved a resolution recognizing the National Day of Silence.
-A second Texas Senate panel has advanced a bill repealing the state’s unconstitutional sodomy law.
– Liberty University professor Judith Reisman believes that pornography causes homosexuality by emitting mind-altering chemicals called “erototoxins.” (She seems less interested in this real science.)
– Colombia’s Senate decided to postpone a vote on marriage equality after three hours of contentious debate.
– According to her daughter, former First Lady Nancy Reagan supports marriage equality.