"The Morning Pride: April 19, 2013"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Today is the Day of Silence; students across the country will remain quiet throughout the day to raise awareness about the bullying of LGBT people.
– Montana Gov. Steve Bullock (D) has signed a bill finally repealing the state’s unconstitutional sodomy law criminalizing homosexuality.
– Meet Delaware state Rep. Mike Ramone, the only Republican co-sponsoring marriage equality, which be believes is “the right thing” to do.”
– A transgender woman in Minnesota lost her home and her therapy dog in a fire being investigated as arson, and she believes she may have been the target of a hate crime.
– GLAAD has launched a new campaign featuring celebrities coming out as LGBT allies. Here’s Jason Alexander’s video: