Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– According to a full-page ad by the Log Cabin Republicans, “Reagan’s big tent isn’t what it used to be.”
– A former top aide to former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R) is urging Republican lawmakers in his state to support marriage equality.
– Washington state has officially removed all reference to gender from its state laws.
– The Mormon Church approves of the proposed policy change to allow gay Boy Scouts but not leaders.
– A new poll shows that more Coloradans support marriage equality than civil unions.
– Several hard-line ex-gays have turned against John Paulk, including his estranged wife.
– Nike has endorsed basketball star Brittney Griner, who came out as gay last week.
– An 11-year-old from Pennsylvania wrote to his member of Congress asking for support of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, pleading, “Please don’t let [my mom] get fired because she is gay”: