Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- A new bill with bipartisan support would seek to reverse federal and state laws that criminalize people living with HIV.
- The National Organization for Marriage’s Brian Brown has once again admitted that no “religious freedom” protections will ever be good enough for marriage equality opponents.
- A coalition of 94 religious leaders in New Mexico have endorsed marriage equality.
- A new study suggests that television has greatly shaped the public’s understanding of family, increasing acceptance of same-sex adoption at other “modern families.”
- ABC News producer Dawn Ennis (formerly “Don”) has come out as transgender. [This has been corrected after previously reading "Dawn Lemons."]
- Purchase College transgender athlete Taylor Edelmann spent two years on the women’s volleyball team then two years as captain of the men’s team.
- Watch the historic moment civil unions took effect in Colorado: