Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– French President François Hollande has signed marriage equality into law.
– A Texas gay couple has been separated after the sister of the partner with Alzheimer’s claimed guardianship even though they had power of attorney for each other; she then evicted the healthy partner from his house because they still had three years left on paying their mortgage.
– The 2013 Human Rights Watch “Hall of Shame” includes the anti-LGBT American Center for Law and Justice as several other homophobic groups abroad.
– The coalition that supported marriage equality in Minnesota, Minnesotans United for All Families, will continue its work, protecting supportive lawmakers from conservative election challenges.
– The Missouri Senate advanced an anti-discrimination bill with a 19-11, including nine Republicans, but it died in the House.
– Though Discover cards are often used to support the discriminating Boy Scouts of America, the credit card company says that “discriminatory practices are inconsistent” with its values.
– The New Mexico transgender student who was told he’d have to wear a female robe at his Catholic high school graduation has chosen not to walk.
– A Scottish trans woman was banned from using the ladies’ room at a shopping center in clear violation of the Equality Act 2010, which bars discrimination based on gender reassignment.
– Over 70 percent of Russians oppose any attempts to justify or publicly display same-sex relations.
– A march marking the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia in the nation of Georgia was interrupted by thousands of Orthodox anti-gay activists, injuring 28 people in the process.
– Glee‘s Alex Newell (“Unique”) kicked off the New York AIDS Walk 2013 this weekend with a rousing performance of “I Know Where I’ve Been” from Hairspray: