"The Morning Pride: May 23, 2013"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval (R) has signed into law hate crimes protections for transgender people.
– The Puerto Rico Senate has approved a ban on discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
– Gay men can now donate blood in Canada, but only if they haven’t had sex in five years.
– Some British ministers believe that Christian employment and marriage equality are incompatible.
– Mayor Michael Bloomberg (I) and NYPD Chief Ray Kelly held a joint conference earlier this week to address the spate of anti-gay hate crimes sweeping New York City: