"The Morning Pride: June 4, 2013"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Check out the over 100 posts from Blogging for LGBT Families Day!
– The American Bar Association is taking up a resolution to ban the use of gay and trans “panic” defenses in hate crime trials.
– Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden is encouraging the state’s legislature to take up a trans nondiscrimination bill.
– One of the first-ever residents of The Ali Forney Center, a homeless shelter for LGBT youth in New York City, just graduated from law school.
– Meet Cody Tubman, a transgender teen who was voted prom queen at her high school in Middleboro, Massachusetts.
– Read how one parent disinvited a child from their kid’s birthday party for identifying as gay.
– Meet Kristin Beck — formerly Chris Beck — who is the first former Navy SEAL to come out as transgender.
– French Mayor Helene Mandroux, who performed the country’s first same-sex marriage, has received some strange threats in the mail, including a package containing feces.
– The actress and musician Charice, who portrayed Sunshine Corazon on Glee, has come out as a lesbian.
– Watch the London Gay Men’s Chorus performing outside the House of Lords, which is expected to vote on marriage equality today: