Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) is the latest sponsor of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act.
– LGBT activists will protest Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan (D) Saturday for not taking more leadership on marriage equality.
– Two more same-sex couples have joined a lawsuit demanding marriage equality in New Mexico.
– Multnomah County, Oregon has become one of the first municipalities to require that all new construction projects include single-occupancy, gender-neutral restrooms.
– Televangelist Pat Robertson believes the inclusion of gay people will “destroy” the Boy Scouts of America” because they’ll “want to do sex with each other.”
– One Florida family is speaking out after their son was disciplined on the last day of school for wearing makeup.
– One of the women who recently got engaged with her partner at a Macklemore concert owes her former school $6,000 — Grace University expelled her for being gay and is asking her to pay back her scholarship.
– Apparently there is a “gay lobby” working in the Vatican.
– As the Russian Duma passed a bill banning gay propaganda, more violence broke out against LGBT activists protesting outside. Activist Nikolai Alekseev is calling on the International Court in The Hague to bring criminal proceedings against lawmaker Elena Mizulina, co-author of the bill, for inciting hatred against a social group.