Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Marriage equality becomes law today in Delaware!
– Equality Matters takes a look at Fox News’ awkward coverage of last week’s marriage equality rulings.
– The lawsuits against a Washington florist who refused to provide flowers for a same-sex wedding have been combined.
– A Nebraska state senator wants to hold a hearing to see if his state could recognize same-sex marriages performed elsewhere despite a state marriage amendment.
– Why are the biggest LGBT organizations doing so little programmatic work on HIV/AIDS?
– The Liberty Counsel has compared the overturn of the Defense of Marriage Act to slavery, internment, and sterilization.
– The Australian LGBT group Melbourne Ports residents for marriage equality estimates that about 607 million people worldwide, or 8.6 percent of the human population, now live somewhere with marriage equality.
– Pam Spaulding bids a final farewell to her blog, Pam’s House Blend, which closes today.
– Tom Rothgiesser and George Lucas (not that George Lucas) have been together for 50 years and they finally tied the knot on Saturday.