Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Which Republican Senators might support the Employment Non-Discrimination Act? Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) may be a yes, but Sens. Richard Burr (R-NC) and Lamar Alexander (R-TN) are planning to vote against it.
– American Airlines has endorsed ENDA.
– Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-KS) still has a lot of negative things to say about the Supreme Court’s decision overturning the Defense of Marriage Act.
– President Obama’s endorsement of marriage equality features in new radio ads in Illinois.
– An as-yet-unnamed alternative to the Boy Scouts of America will focus specifically on being anti-gay.
– Meet Houston’s trans candidate for city council, Jenifer Pool.
– Northern Ireland’s Health Minister has spent £40,000 of public money fighting a court challenge allowing same-sex adoption.
– Check out these heroic “Transportraits” of trans men from photographer Lorenzo Triburgo — does anybody want the law to force them to use the women’s room?
– Is it time for attack ads against anti-gay candidates? The Advocate gives the idea a trial run: