Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– A new HRC poll finds that 55 percent of Virginians support marriage equality, including 71 percent of those under the age of 30.
– A new study suggests that people who are homophobic feel most threatened by those who might extend unwanted sexual attention toward them.
– Why is Google fundraising for homophobic Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK)?
– A petition is challenging Bennington College, a private school in Vermont, to better respect its transgender students, particularly when it comes to putting their chosen name on diplomas.
– Meet transgender six-year-old Tyler, who is thriving.
– Marriage equality seems to be coming to the nation of Colombia by the end of the month.
– Germany’s second division soccer club St. Pauli will permanently fly the rainbow flag as a symbol against homophobia and discrimination.
– The WE DO Campaign continues its fight for marriage equality in the South, focusing this month on Mississippi: