Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) is mysteriously blocking the nomination of William Thomas, who would be the first openly gay black judge on the federal bench.
– LGBT groups are demanding the New York City Council override Mayor Michael Bloomberg (I)’s veto of a bill that would restrict the enforcement of the “Stop and Frisk” law.
– The Advocate investigates what happened when OutServe-SLDN dismantled itself.
– A new $1.35 million grant will investigate how the military could incorporate transgender servicemembers.
– Pat Robertson may have had nice things to say about transgender people, but he also believes that the gay community will “destroy” the church, the military, marriage, and businesses “if need be” until sexual morality has “gone out the window.”
– Fox News’ coverage of protections for transgender students relied entirely on anti-LGBT hate groups’ perspectives.