Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– The ballot campaign to overturn Oregon’s ban on same-sex marriage has already been exceeding its signature-collecting goals.
– An Illinois judge heard oral arguments in the challenge to its marriage law yesterday, and the Special State’s Attorney argued that the ban on same-sex marriage was put in place to “codify what was obvious” and “make explicit what was implicit.”
– Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette (R) will defend that state’s marriage amendment “aggressively.”
– A New Mexico shuttle service has apologized to a gay couple who was forced to the back of the bus (literally) by a homophobic driver.
– For some reason, Rick Santorum believes that talking about abortion makes it uncomfortable for Christian men who shower at the YMCA.
– The victim of a Russian neo-Nazi group who was apparently tortured for being gay has reportedly died.