Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Justice Antonin Scalia believes the Supreme Court should not “invent new minorities.”
- The Hawaii legislature could “very likely” call a special session to consider marriage equality.
- Kaitlyn Hunt, the Florida girl charged with sex with a minor, had been offered a better plea deal, but it was rescinded after it turned out she had been communicating with the “victim.” She has since turned herself in.
- A judge has ordered the Colorado State Patrol to pay $768,268 to a former patrol captain who was denied re-employment for being gay.
- Out gay gymnast Josh Dixon has qualified for the U.S. Senior National Team.
- Groupon has endorsed marriage equality, urging Illinois lawmakers to pass it: