Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Meet one Illinois same-sex couple that will now never have the chance to marry.
– A gay couple in Tulsa, Oklahoma is attempting to file their state tax returns jointly, challenging the state’s ban on same-sex marriage.
– The AFL-CIO has once again endorsed the Employment Non-Discrimination Act.
– A Wisconsin school district is creating unisex bathrooms to accommodate transgender students.
– Cornell University is introducing gender-neutral housing this semester.
– The city of Osaka, Japan is the first in the country to support LGBT rights.
– The country of Turkey has banned the app Grindr as a “protective measure.”
– A transgender teen in the United Kingdom has been denied hormone blockers by his doctor that would halt the development of his biologically female body.
– Young soccer players in the UK have been found to be quite welcoming of a gay teammate.
– The CEO of Roti Mediterranean Grill is proud of his company’s support of LGBT equality.