Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Here are a couple pro-LGBT pastas to choose from instead of Barilla, and Garofalo pasta is already marketing off of pro-LGBT equality — the ad at right translates: “To us, it doesn’t matter with whom you do it, it only matters that you do it al dente.”
- The U.S. has joined other countries at the United Nations in recommitting to opposing anti-LGBT violence and discrimination.
- An Illinois judge is expected to rule today about whether a lawsuit challenging the state’s ban on same-sex marriage can proceed.
- Next week’s Ex-Gay Awareness Month dinner is being held at a secret location and no recording devices will be allowed, raising the question of whose awareness the ex-gay groups will be promoting.
- A new petition is calling on the Georgia DMV to recognize same-sex marriages for the purpose of driver’s license name changes.
- Meet Lulu, a transgender six-year-old whose identity has been recognized by the Argentina government.
- Serbian conservatives have threatened extreme violence if the government allows a gay pride parade to proceed.