Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
CREDIT: Adam Bouska
- California Gov. Jerry Brown has also signed a bill allowing same-sex couples to access infertility treatment through their health insurance.
- The Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association is considering allowing transgender students the right to play on the teams with which they identify.
- As a reminder, if the Illinois House passes the marriage equality bill, it would still need to pass the Senate again, though it should pass easily again there.
- Students at Middle Tennessee State University have complained that the LGBT student group’s American flag with rainbow stripes is offensive, and now a student has been arrested for stealing it.
- Matt Philbin of the Media Research Center is not happy that he’s being forced to respect transgender people’s identities — he believes he knows people’s gender better than they do.
- New York City’s NYC & Company has closed its tourism office in Russia out of safety concerns for its LGBT staff.
- A group of Russian athletes have released a photo posing for the NOH8 Campaign together.
- ThinkProgress will once again be partnering with Spirit Day next Thursday. Remember to wear purple a week from today to show your support for protecting LGBT students from bullying!