Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Marriage equality took effect today in New Jersey! More on that in a bit.
– The New Mexico Supreme Court will consider a marriage equality lawsuit on Wednesday, and given there is no law explicitly banning same-sex marriage there, could rule rather promptly.
– The National Organization for Marriage’s Brian Brown is back in Russia stoking homophobia.
– The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas refuses to add gender identity protections to its nondiscrimination policy.
– The Town Council of West Union, South Carolina, has accepted an apology from Mayor Linda Oliver who objected to “queers” shoving marriage equality down her throat.
– A fake PAC in Louisiana is attacking New Orleans traffic court judge candidate Richard Perque with homophobic mailers.
– Missouri state Rep. Kevin Elmer (R) is upset that high school students wearing gay-straight alliance T-shirts promoting “HARMONY” were volunteering at an elementary school book fair.
– More than 30 United Methodist pastors in Eastern Pennsylvania will jointly officiate a same-sex marriage next month, showing solidarity for a fellow pastor who might be ousted from his position for officiating his own son’s same-sex marriage.
– Detroit Baptist Bishop Allyson Nelson Abrams stepped down from Zion Progress Baptist Church after announcing she had married a woman.
– France has approved its first same-sex adoption.
– Russian lawmakers have withdrawn a bill that would disqualify gay parents from custody of their own children — for now.
– Following tabloid rumors that Bruce Jenner may be transgender, BuzzFeed published a transphobic list claiming to prove Jenner is “100% Man, Baby.”
– Anti-gay baseball fans were outraged that Major League Baseball would participate in Spirit Day and stand up to bullying.