Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) believes it could be possible for the Employment Non-Discrimination Act to pass in the House.
- New Jersey Republican General Assembly candidate John Campbell, Jr. apparently has a past as a homophobic/biphobic bully.
- Hawaii state Rep. Chris Lee (D) received a death threat at this home for supporting marriage equality.
- A transgender woman in Montclair, California was banned from the women’s locker room at the LA Fitness where she was a member after she disclosed to an employee that she is trans.
- Johnstown, Pennsylvania transgender teen Kasey Caron wasn’t allowed to run for homecoming king, but he’s been given the greenlight to start a gay-straight alliance — the first at any school in the region — and wear the same graduation cap and gown as his male classmates.
- Toronto, Canada has its first heal clinic specifically for transgender teens.