Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Virginia Governor-elect Terry McAuliffe (D) has announced that his first executive order will be to protect LGBT state employees from discrimination.
– New Mexico’s insurance regulator has ordered that insurance companies must provide the same discounts and benefits to married same-sex couples.
– General Motors has announced it will extend benefits to all married same-sex couples, even if they live and work in states that do not recognize their union.
– The District of Columbia may be the latest jurisdiction to consider a ban on ex-gay therapy.
– The Gay Christian Network conducted a survey of university students across the country and found some interesting results about straight Christians’ beliefs about homosexuality, whether it’s a choice, and whether it’s a sin: