Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Virginia lawmakers have introduced legislation to repeal the state’s constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage, a measure one newspaper calls the “longest of longshots.”
- A University of Minnesota student is petitioning Gov. Mark Dayton and state legislators to ban ex-gay therapy for minors as some other states have.
- According to Maggie Gallagher, same-sex couples’ loving caretaking relationships are “going to hurt a lot of children.”
- The Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights has cancelled a charity auction that would have awarded a school with a story-writing workshop conducted by noted homophobe Orson Scott Card.
- A New Mexico teen who was knocked unconscious by a homophobic bully at a mall has been banned from that mall along with his attacker.
- Alec Baldwin is blaming GLAAD and Andrew Sullivan for his MSNBC show being canceled, instead of taking responsibility for calling a photographer a “cocksucking fag.”
- Here’s what Chelsea Manning is thankful for this Thanksgiving.