"The Morning Pride: January 7, 2014"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– A lawsuit has been filed challenging Arizona’s ban on same-sex marriage.
– New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez (R) has announced that she will not push for a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage.
– Pittsburgh’s City Council has its first openly gay president, Bruce Kraus.
– Mark Zmuda, the former vice principal of Eastside Catholic school in Washington, whose students rallied around him after his firing, was told that he could keep his job if he got a divorce from his husband.
– The National Organization for Marriage’s Brian Brown believes that the same-sex wedding that took place on a Rose Parade float was used to “indoctrinate kids.”