Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– A federal judge has rejected a brief submitted by the conservative group Texas Values trying to influence the case challenging Texas’ ban on same-sex marriage.
– The Philadelphia Police Department is implementing a new policy to treat transgender people with more respect.
– A Boy Scouts troop leader in Texas apparently convinced the First Baptist Church of Marble Falls to continue supporting the now gay-inclusive troop by promising that he would condemn a Scout’s homosexuality and “send him to get pastoral counseling.”
– A Toronto newspaper is the latest to promote a fabricated claim about a transgender person acting inappropriately in a locker room facility.
– A committee in Chile’s Senate has advanced a civil unions bill for same-sex couples.
– German soccer star Thomas Hitzlsperger has come out as gay.
– Watch the NFL support a gay teen who was bullied out of the locker room in school by giving him a tour of the New York Giants locker room and welcoming him to share his story with wide receiver Victor Cruz.
– Transgender model Carmen Carrera and actress Laverne Cox (Orange is the New Black) explained to Katie Couric why it was offensive that she kept asking them questions about their genitalia and surgery: