"The Morning Pride: January 9, 2014"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– A new poll conducted through Google finds that support for marriage equality in Utah increased to 41 percent, a 13-point jump in two years.
– In addition to transgender nondiscrimination protections, Maryland may consider a ban on ex-gay therapy for minors this year.
– Kansas state Rep. Jan Pauls (D) doesn’t understand why safe houses for victims of human trafficking include nondiscrimination protections based on sexual orientation.
– Russian actor Ivan Okhlobystin, who previously said he wants to burn gay people alive to protect children, is now asking President Vladimir Putin to criminalize sodomy.
– Dan Savage explains why it’s incorrect to identify transgender people as “transgendered.”