Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- One of the defendants in the Nevada same-sex marriage case, Carson City Clerk Alan Glover, has changed his position, saying he no longer opposes letting same-sex couples marry.
- The New Mexico Attorney General has recommended that the state recognize the same-sex marriages performed in Utah.
- A Detroit woman has sued the city police for discriminating against her for being HIV-positive.
- Coca-Cola has apologized for its virtual can campaign that censored the word “gay.”
- Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni will reject the Anti-Homosexuality Bill unless scientists find proof that sexual orientation is a choice.
- A Nigerian woman has disowned her cat for being gay, claiming it was exhibiting “an unnatural sexual behavior.” None of her neighbors were willing to adopt him.