"The Morning Pride: February 4, 2014"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Same-sex couples have filed a suit challenging Wisconsin’s law banning same-sex marriage, as well as its unique law prohibiting residents from traveling to other states to get married if such a union is not recognized in Wisconsin.
- Two Utah state lawmakers are apologizing for transphobic tweets they sent out Monday, though one claimed his intern was responsible for his.
- A transgender student in Charlotte, North Carolina has been nominated for homecoming king.
- Why the Keystone XL pipeline is an HIV issue.
- Care.com did not pull commercials from a gay-inclusive episode of Disney’s Good Luck Charlie, but the company did seem apprehensive about rejecting the bigotry promoted by One Million Moms.
- Is figure skating a “gay” sport?
- Chandeler Whitney, boyfriend of of Willamette University football player Conner Mertens, has also come out to his Walla Walla Community College baseball team.
- Irish drag queen Panti Bliss offered an insightful monologue about how conservatives now claim that they are the victims of “homophobia,” not gay people: