"The Morning Pride: February 12, 2014"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- The ACLU has filed suit against Missouri’s ban on same-sex marriage on behalf of eight couples.
- The Boy Scouts of America now has its seemingly first openly gay — and still a Scout — Eagle Scout.
- Colorado attorney general candidate Don Quick (D) would not defend the state’s ban on same-sex marriage if elected.
- The Family Research Council’s Tony Perkins still believes that kids can be convinced to turn gay by LGBT visibility.
- Here are six California school districts that haven’t had a single problem providing equal access to transgender students over the past decade.
- A transgender woman who was taken into custody in Canada over a visa concern was initially placed in a men’s jail, but as a result of public outcry, she has been moved to a women’s facility.
- Miley Cyrus believes that opposition to marriage equality is “incomprehensible.”